Sunday, August 03, 2008

Super Delegates

Alegre's Corner
I talked about the effort to pull together the 300 delegates needed on that nominating petition below the fold in an earlier post re San Francisco and the video of Hillary. I sent a link to that earlier post to Daniel Kagan, who's one of the delegate spearheading this effort, and he sent me the following for inclusion in this post...
"I don't understand the delegates who refuse to sign the petition. Their words pay lip service to democracy, but their actions say 'I won't vote for Clinton, and, by not signing the petition, I'm making sure you won't vote for her either.' Now, how can that be right? I would respect them far more if they took a leaf out of Voltaire's book and said 'Though I don't agree with the way you intend to vote, I will fight to the death for your right to vote that way. Give me that pen!'"

So it's time to put up or shut up when it comes to all this talk about unity folks. You say you want us to get behind your guy. We're telling you the best way to bring us aboard is to include Hillary's name on the ballot in Denver. Show us your words aren't empty by signing on to this nominating petition - even if you don't plan to vote for her.

Prove to us that you're all about an open and fair convention. Otherwise - we'll know you don't mean it when you tell us you want to reunify our party.

The ball's in your court folks - what are you going to do with it?

No comments: