Friday, August 20, 2010

Guns and Roses



I have to admit that I am fascinated with the whole "Mosque" at Ground Zero brouhaha. I live in NY and had a daughter and nephew working in Mid-Town on that horrible day. I realize the pain and helplessness of not knowing if I would ever see my daughter again. It was one of the worst days I have lived through.

What fascinates me is how divided we are on this issue. People I have come to call friends due to shared political ideology are so divided on this topic. People I have come to know on blogs in the last 10 years, who have helped me live through the Bush years and the fiasco of the last Presidential Primary. Without them, I don't know how I would have gotten through. These are the same people who saw right through Obama and realized the empty victory of finally having a Democrat in the White House. They are loving,intelligent, savvy, kind, hardworking people from all walks of life worried about the down spiral of America. I may not have ever met them in person, but I know them better than I know my next door neighbor. And, they are divided right down the middle on this issue.

When Hillary had the audacity to run for President, I lost many of my Democratic friends to Obama frenzy. I understand that. And, as far as this division goes, I kind of feel like I don't have a horse in this race. I really don't care if the Center is built or not.

What I do care about is "live and let live". Peace. Reaching out to understand others. All ground is hallowed ground and religion has been the root of too many wars.

I love you, my brothers and sisters of the mighty blogs. I just don't understand the uproar over this. However, I respect you for your opinion and just hope this whole damn thing gets settled soon.

Although THIS pisses me off royally. H/T to Hecate for the link

No comments: