Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hillary Supporters Pop Up in the Darndest Places

This is THE week of the summer for me. I am an antique dealer/collector and this week is Madison-Bouckville, the biggest antique show in New York State. The show is running true to tradition, as it either rains or the temperature rivals South Florida. So far this year, rain is winning out.

As I was navigating the mud and squeezing between a dealer setup and a huge box truck, a man stopped me and asked if he could shake my hand. Being a NY'er, I was immediately suspicious of his motives, but being a child of the 60's, I said sure.

He then congratulated me on my choice for nominee, as he spied the Hillary button on my jean jacket. He quickly introduced me to his wife, both South Carolina residents, told me an Obama/St. Peter joke that does not bear repeating and we had a brief conversation on what in the world is going on in the DNC. I ended up giving my Hillary button to them. The wife immediately pinned it to her T-shirt.

I didn't find any antique treasures yesterday, but I did come away from slogging miles in the rain and mud with a smile on my face.

No comments: