Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gillibrand, Yet Again

I know that criticizing Gillibrand is not a popular PUMA or feminist position. I am taking a different path than my feminist political sisters, but I am not sold on Kristen Gillibrand as yet. However, I am a NY'er and I'll have to vote for her or against her. I hope she convinces me to vote for her. In the meantime, there's this:

The Best Candidate Or The Cleanest Record?
As I have said before, I am willing to give Gillibrand a shot. There are a few issues she will have to work out (i.e. gun control versus gun rights and immigration) but I think she will clarify her positions on those issues.

That said, the lengthy questionnaire makes me wonder if we were looking for the best candidate or the most well-behaved candidate. The questionnaire contains inquiries into the candidate's past, including questions about any crimes they may have committed and if they had paid their taxes on time. This questionnaire seemed to be a method for the Governor's office to eliminate candidates if they had the slightest flaw.

The questionnaire lacks anything of substance. There are zero questions about issues. There are zero questions about Gillibrand's plans for New York and a few things she would like to see happen in New York State.
Here

4 comments:

song! said...

I am not kidding Cyn...i really think you would be great in NY politics..

Am I wrong?

Cyn said...

I'd rather be kitting. ;)

song! said...

Yes, Cyn, but you are the Truth Goddess...

Everyone who knows you is very fortunate...

I hope they know that.

I bet they do.

Cyn said...

You are too kind. I think I should just change my name from Cyn to Cynical. I have trouble believing that most politician's decisions aren't self-serving.