Monday, January 26, 2009

Interview with Madeleine Albright


Madeleine Albright On Obama's Foreign Policy Outlook, His Inaugural Message To Muslims And Clinton's Global Image

I have to confess - If I would allowed to have dinner and conversation with anyone in the world, Albright makes my Top Ten. Maybe it's those great pins she always wears... It's all here

NJ: How do you think the selection of Clinton as secretary of State influences the global perception of the U.S.?

Albright: First of all, I think she herself is a known quantity abroad. When I was secretary and she was first lady, it was very evident that she had quite a large and resounding international role. She was identified with human rights and women's rights and generally showing a very positive side of America. I think she is so well-known abroad, and having somebody that is that well-known is very important. The other part is something that I think is essential, and that is that it is showing what democratic elections are like in the U.S. -- you argue and you run against each other, but you are capable of developing a partnership.

No comments: